Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Don't you have other things to be doing?

We are having data and collaboration meetings at HOTL this week, so my ability to get into classrooms is much more limited.  I hope to be back soon, though!

Someone asked me last week. . . "How do you have the time to do this, anyway?  Don't you have other things to be doing?"

My answer, "Of course, there's no time for this.  But I really believe it's important so I want to make time!"

This project has become a way for me to give back and pay tribute to the hard work the teachers and students in our building are doing every day.

It gives me a chance to "get in the trenches" with all of the hundreds of other writers in the building.  It forces me to take the same kinds of risks that students and teachers are asked to take every day. It reminds me of how much courage both writing and teaching can take.

I won't be able to devote my evenings to blogging forever.  But for now . . it is a labor of love worth my time and effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment