Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Miss Elker's Kindergarten - 2nd Visit

Miss Elker’s students are having a special day in writing workshop.  Today they are reviewing the entire selection of all of the narrative pieces they have created.  Then they are to select one piece to “fancy up” and one piece that they would like to share with the class.
I am tickled when I see the large collection of narratives many of the students have created.  They have been prolific little writers, indeed.  A few students appear to be giving great thought as to which of the stories they will share with the class.  But others need to spend only a second on selection, knowing at a glance which of the pieces they wish to share with their peers.
As I move around the room, many students pull me in, drawing my attention to a piece of work they are particularly proud of. . . It is so important for all of us, I think to myself, to remember to take time to reflect; to take time to notice what we could improve on, to make plans for improvement, to recognize the ways we have grown over time, and most importantly to celebrate the things we are proud to have accomplished.
These little ones are so proud of their work – it is a blessing to have the chance to be part of their celebration of good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment